The Compassionate Doctors in Our Medical Network
Staying healthy is a common goal amongst people across the world, and the talented team of doctors at Carondelet Medical Group is ready to help Southern Arizonans receive the health care they need to maintain their wellness. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, our medical provider is committed to providing our patients with a full spectrum of high-quality, cost-efficient care. It is our goal to truly improve the quality of life for each and every person who enters through the doors at any of our family practices, hospitals, or medical clinics.
As the region’s only Catholic hospital system, our health care center is jointly owned by both the Tenet Healthcare Corporation as well as Dignity Health & Ascension. We are proud to be operated by our majority partner Tenet, which is one of the country’s leading diversified health care companies. This strong leadership means patients can come to us when they are in need of the absolute finest in primary care, internal medicine, family medicine, diabetic health, heart disease care, or certified surgeon services.
The Facilities of Carondelet Medical
- Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital - This is Arizona's first hospital, and was founded in 1880.
- Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital - This hospital provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient services.
- Carondelet Neurological Institute - Located on the campus of St. Joseph's Hospital, this is the largest and most comprehensive facility in Southern Arizona dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of neurological injuries and disorders.
- Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute - Located on the campus of St. Mary's Hospital, this facility is dedicated to providing high-quality cardiac and vascular care. Their minimally invasive surgical techniques are just some of the reasons why they are Southern Arizona's leader in heart care.
- Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital - Located in Nogales, Arizona, this is the only inpatient medical center in Santa Cruz County.
- 10 Carondelet Medical Group Primary Care Offices
- 4 Carondelet Specialty Group Offices
Choosing Our Medical Provider
Originally founded more than a century ago, our medical provider has been there to help care for and heal the people of Arizona longer than most current residents have been alive. That means for generations, our doctors have been passing on their knowledge and skills as they have helped patients of all ages.
The community and patients that we serve are very important to us. Not only are we always there to provide medical assistance when someone is in need, but we also provided $72,381,378, or 14.8 percent of net revenue, to the residents of Southern Arizona during 2014. Additionally, we are proud to continue providing the health care that the people of our community need to feel their very best. In 2013 alone, our network had:
- 134,849 Patient Days (Not including CMG Visits)
- 118,252 Emergency Room Visits
- 8,881 Inpatient Surgeries & 15,286 Outpatient Surgeries
- 3,263 Births
Special Recognition for Our Hospitals & Family Practices
- Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital and the Carondelet Neurological Institute at Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital were honored by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as recipients of the "Get with the Guidelines' Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award" for the quality of their stroke care. (2012; Silver-Plus Award Honoree in 2011)
- Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital was selected by the Joint Commission as one of the top performing hospitals in the nation for quality and safety in their care of the following: heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, stroke, and surgical care. (2012)
- The Carondelet Neurological Institute at Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital has been placed on AHA/ASA's Target: Stroke Honor Roll for their treatment and care of acute stroke patients. (2012, 2011)
- Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital received AHA/ASA's "Get with the Guidelines Gold Achievement Award” for compliance in the treatment of heart failure. (2011)
- Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital and Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital was certified by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. (2011)
- Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital has North America's first BrainSUITE iCT neurological surgical suites.
- Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital received the Center of Excellence designation for neurological care by NeuStrategy.
- Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital, Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital, and Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute received national accreditation as Chest Pain Centers from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. (2011)
- Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital, Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital, and Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institutes are the first hospitals in Southern Arizona to receive national accreditation as Chest Pain Centers from the Society of Chest Pain Centers (July 2008).
- Carondelet St. Joseph's, Carondelet St. Mary's, and Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute are designated by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of EMS and Trauma System, as Cardiac Arrest Centers (December 2009).
The Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs at St. Joseph's Hospital are the only programs in Arizona nationally certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Contact our health network at 833-273-1644 to learn more about our commitment to helping you achieve your best health. Our team of doctors is proud to assist patients living throughout the Tucson, Arizona community.